Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default My Duplicate formula is not functioning as it should

Hello from Steved

If I change the Data in Col C3 or Col H3 "dup" is not Displayed, is what I
require

If I change the Data in Col B3 or Col G3 "dup" Stays Displayed Why? please.

=IF(COUNT(B3,G3)<2,"",IF(C3=H3,"dup",""))

Logical_test COUNT(B3,G3)<2 = False
Value_if_True "" = ""
Value_if_False IF(C3=H3,"dup","") = "dup"
= "dup"

Thankyou.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What is the relation of Columns B, C, G and H? Is there an order of priority?

From the information below you may try this:

=if(and(B3=G3,c3=h3),"dup","")

The formula will display "dup" if both conditions are met otherwise it will
return blank (either 1 or both are not equal).

Hope this help.

Steved wrote:
Hello from Steved

If I change the Data in Col C3 or Col H3 "dup" is not Displayed, is what I
require

If I change the Data in Col B3 or Col G3 "dup" Stays Displayed Why? please.

=IF(COUNT(B3,G3)<2,"",IF(C3=H3,"dup",""))

Logical_test COUNT(B3,G3)<2 = False
Value_if_True "" = ""
Value_if_False IF(C3=H3,"dup","") = "dup"
= "dup"

Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,