Ivan

Default I have a formula in my workbook that was functioning but it doesn.

I have a simple formula that adds amounts. It was working all the time but
now suddenly it's not adding on, i.e. the formula is still in the field but
the result is not coming......

Can somebody help?

JulieD

Hi Ivan

it could be that your numbers are formatted as text - copy a blank cell from
another worksheet
select your numbers and the formula and choose edit / paste special - add
then select the formula cell press F2 and then enter

alternatively, check that calculation is not set to manual - tools / options
/ calculation - ensure that automatic is selected

Cheers
JulieD

"Ivan" wrote in message
I have a simple formula that adds amounts. It was working all the time but
now suddenly it's not adding on, i.e. the formula is still in the field
but
the result is not coming......

Can somebody help?

Dave O

My first thought is that you may have set Tools Options Calculation
to manual. Set it to Automatic (if that's your preference) or press F9
to calc.

If that's not it the answer depends on your formula. For instance, if
it's a SUMIF formula the result depends on the arguments in the
formula; if they were inadvertently erased then the formula will not
generate any results.

Post the formula if you still have difficulties!