Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default F2 key is not functioning properly

Hi, could anyone help me with resetting the F2 key? I used to be able
to enter the edit mode by hitting the F2 key, but right now, instead
of taking me to the edit mode, it does the "copy" funciton. I suspect
that it might have been interfered with some macros that I run before.
Does anyone know how can I fix this? Thank you very much!

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Alt F11
CTRL G

Enter the following

Application.OnKey "{f2}"

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt
" wrote:

Hi, could anyone help me with resetting the F2 key? I used to be able
to enter the edit mode by hitting the F2 key, but right now, instead
of taking me to the edit mode, it does the "copy" funciton. I suspect
that it might have been interfered with some macros that I run before.
Does anyone know how can I fix this? Thank you very much!

Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On May 8, 6:36 pm, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
Try this:

Alt F11
CTRL G

Enter the following

Application.OnKey "{f2}"

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:
Hi, could anyone help me with resetting the F2 key? I used to be able
to enter the edit mode by hitting the F2 key, but right now, instead
of taking me to the edit mode, it does the "copy" funciton. I suspect
that it might have been interfered with some macros that I run before.
Does anyone know how can I fix this? Thank you very much!

Connie- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Barb. It still doesn't work. F2 still does the copying. Is
there any other way? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have any Workbook_Open code in the MyWorkbook module? If so, can you
post it here?

" wrote:

On May 8, 6:36 pm, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
Try this:

Alt F11
CTRL G

Enter the following

Application.OnKey "{f2}"

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:
Hi, could anyone help me with resetting the F2 key? I used to be able
to enter the edit mode by hitting the F2 key, but right now, instead
of taking me to the edit mode, it does the "copy" funciton. I suspect
that it might have been interfered with some macros that I run before.
Does anyone know how can I fix this? Thank you very much!

Connie- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Barb. It still doesn't work. F2 still does the copying. Is
there any other way? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

" wrote:
On May 8, 6:36 pm, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
Try this:

Alt F11
CTRL G

Enter the following

Application.OnKey "{f2}"

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:
Hi, could anyone help me with resetting the F2 key? I used to be able
to enter the edit mode by hitting the F2 key, but right now, instead
of taking me to the edit mode, it does the "copy" funciton. I suspect
that it might have been interfered with some macros that I run before.
Does anyone know how can I fix this? Thank you very much!

Connie- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Barb. It still doesn't work. F2 still does the copying. Is
there any other way? Thank you!- Hide quoted text -

Barb, I figured out. I had another application opened in which F2 is
mapped to "pronounciation" function. I closed that application so F2
in excel is now functioning properly. Thanks very much for your
comments.

Connie