Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Deleting (almost) duplicates in Excel

I have several rows where the data is identical in columns A-G, but H is
unique.

I have the columns correctly sorted and need to delete rows where the
duplicates exist in A-G.

Essentially, I want to keep ONLY the first row of my mostly duplicate
entries. I need to keep H, but only my first record of it.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ken ya help,

Select columns A through H, go to the Data Ribbon / Data Tools / Remove
duplicates, from the Remove Duplicates dialog box deselect column H.

"Ken ya help?" wrote:

I have several rows where the data is identical in columns A-G, but H is
unique.

I have the columns correctly sorted and need to delete rows where the
duplicates exist in A-G.

Essentially, I want to keep ONLY the first row of my mostly duplicate
entries. I need to keep H, but only my first record of it.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks! Should've mentioned that I was running Office 2004 so I was
completely confused by the advice. Found an office mate with '07, though, and
it worked like a charm. Perhaps an upgrade is in order?

"Ken ya help?" wrote:

I have several rows where the data is identical in columns A-G, but H is
unique.

I have the columns correctly sorted and need to delete rows where the
duplicates exist in A-G.

Essentially, I want to keep ONLY the first row of my mostly duplicate
entries. I need to keep H, but only my first record of it.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ken ya help,

Another approach, assuming columns Y and Z are empty, copy the following
formulas from row 2, through the end of all rows:

Y2=a2&b2&c2&d2&e2&f2&g2
Z2=countif(Y$2:Y2,Y2) make sure to use the "$" before the first 2 only.

Autofilter on column Z for rows 1, then delete those rows.