Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default functioning of formulas

Hello
I would like to know why some times my formulas don't work and 5 mins. after
they do. Do you have an explanation for this problem.
Thank you for your answer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
sometimes what happens is that you spreadsheet is in calculation mode, and
it takes a few minutes to display the formulas. I guess your spreadsheet have
lots of formulas

"Denise" wrote:

Hello
I would like to know why some times my formulas don't work and 5 mins. after
they do. Do you have an explanation for this problem.
Thank you for your answer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Xt Xt is offline

"Denise" wrote:
Hello
I would like to know why some times my formulas don't work and 5 mins. after
they do. *Do you have an explanation for this problem.
Thank you for your answer.- Hide quoted text -

I have that problem sometimes with a slow computer. If I scroll the
formula off the page and back on again I find it has updated on the
screen.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Denise,

If the formulas don't work, goto Tools/Options/Calculation and check
calculation method. Select Automatic.

Keep also a eye on the statusbar, if calculate appears on the statusbar
means that the sheet has bo ve calculated but the automatic option is not
enabled. You can calc the sheet by pressing <F9.

A last thing to keep in mind is that macros can change the calculation
settings

- Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
- Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic

Sometime this is used to speed up the macro if the sheet/workbook contains a
lot of formulas. If the calculation is not re-enabled by the macro, you will
back in manual calculation.

Wkr,

JP