Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Compare sheet 1 column A numbers with sheet 2 column A number

I would like to compare the Column A, sheet 1 numbers with the Column A sheet
2 numbers and report inconsistencies in Column H sheet 2. I have 1225 rows
on sheet 1 and 1336 rows on sheet, excluding header row. Could someone help
me with the vlookup or what would work best to get this done quickly? I'm
about ready to compare number by number with search.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Sheet 2 cell H2 enter this formula and copy down as required...

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A2,Sheet1!A:A,0)),"Not Found","Found")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Not and Excel Expert" wrote:

I would like to compare the Column A, sheet 1 numbers with the Column A sheet
2 numbers and report inconsistencies in Column H sheet 2. I have 1225 rows
on sheet 1 and 1336 rows on sheet, excluding header row. Could someone help
me with the vlookup or what would work best to get this done quickly? I'm
about ready to compare number by number with search.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 6 août, 13:10, Not and Excel Expert <Not and Excel
wrote:
I would like to compare the Column A, sheet 1 numbers with the Column A sheet
2 numbers and report inconsistencies in Column H sheet 2. *I have 1225 rows
on sheet 1 and 1336 rows on sheet, excluding header row. *Could someone help
me with the vlookup or what would work best to get this done quickly? *I'm
about ready to compare number by number with search.

A other solution without programming and completly free :
XLComparator
http://www.xlcomparator.net
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Hi,

You can Use Multiple Options to Solve This

Like:-

1. Using VBA Script
2. Using vlookup Formula
3. Using Java Code
4. Very Easy and Simple Tool Synkronizer. Using This Amazing Tool you can Easily Compare and Merge Multiple Files and Sheets.
https://www.synkronizer.com/