Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filling Sheet numbers in a column

There are several sheets in the workbook titled Sh00, Sh10,Sh20...... I am
compiling data form the sheets on to a sheet tilted Sh700. In one of the
columns the formula in the first cell is: =Sh00!$L$10. The data in the
subsequent cells will increment the previous sheet by 10, i.e. =Sh10!$L$10,
=Sh20!$L$10... How can fill the remaining cells without having to manually
chaning each Sheet numbers?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's start with Sh30 ( you already have Sh00, Sh10, and Sh20). In the third
row of any un-used column (say Z) enter:

="Sh"&10*(ROW()-1)&"!L10" and copy down. You will see:

Sh30!L10
Sh40!L10
Sh50!L10
Sh60!L10
Sh70!L10 and so on (WE HAVE INCREMENTED THE SHEET NUMBER not the cell)

If we put this stuff in Z3 on down, then elsewhere enter:

=indirect(Z3,TRUE) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200746

"mikresources" wrote:

There are several sheets in the workbook titled Sh00, Sh10,Sh20...... I am
compiling data form the sheets on to a sheet tilted Sh700. In one of the
columns the formula in the first cell is: =Sh00!$L$10. The data in the
subsequent cells will increment the previous sheet by 10, i.e. =Sh10!$L$10,
=Sh20!$L$10... How can fill the remaining cells without having to manually
chaning each Sheet numbers?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank You for the information, The only remaining item is that Sh**!L10
appears in the cell (I used column z) as data instead of the data in cell
L10 of each specific sheet. I am not sure what to do with =indirect(Z3,TRUE)

"mikresources" wrote:

There are several sheets in the workbook titled Sh00, Sh10,Sh20...... I am
compiling data form the sheets on to a sheet tilted Sh700. In one of the
columns the formula in the first cell is: =Sh00!$L$10. The data in the
subsequent cells will increment the previous sheet by 10, i.e. =Sh10!$L$10,
=Sh20!$L$10... How can fill the remaining cells without having to manually
chaning each Sheet numbers?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=INDIRECT("Sh"&TEXT(ROWS(A$1:A1)*10-10,"00")&"!L10")

Copy down as needed.

This will start with Sh00.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"mikresources" wrote in message
There are several sheets in the workbook titled Sh00, Sh10,Sh20...... I am
compiling data form the sheets on to a sheet tilted Sh700. In one of the
columns the formula in the first cell is: =Sh00!$L$10. The data in the
subsequent cells will increment the previous sheet by 10, i.e.
=Sh10!$L$10,
=Sh20!$L$10... How can fill the remaining cells without having to manually
chaning each Sheet numbers?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use Valko's solution...it does not need any extra helper cells.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200746