naiveprogrammer

Default Negative Number put in a certain column in a different sheet.

If in Sheet1 A2 is a negative number put in A2 in Sheet2. If in Sheet1 A2 is
a positive number put in A3 in Sheet2.

How can I do this with a formula???
Stefi

A2 in Sheet2: =if(Sheet1!A2<0,Sheet1!A2,"")
A3 in Sheet2: =if(Sheet1!A20,Sheet1!A2,"")
What about 0?
Stefi

"naiveprogrammer" wrote:

If in Sheet1 A2 is a negative number put in A2 in Sheet2. If in Sheet1 A2 is
a positive number put in A3 in Sheet2.

How can I do this with a formula???

Peo Sjoblom

You need two formulas, one in A2 and one in A3

=IF(Sheet1!A2<0,Sheet1!A2,"")

in Sheet2 A2, in A3 use

=IF(Sheet1!A2=0,Sheet1!A2,"")

you can also test for blanks the same way

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"naiveprogrammer" wrote in
message ...