389Shell

Default How do I enter a negative number in unit price column?

When I try it just tells me I must enter a number. I am running office 2003.
CyberTaz

You should be able to type something such as -249.95 with no problem. Do not
type any other characters or spaces. If the cell will not accept the entry it
probably has a Validation Rule applied which prevents the entry of negative
values. My guess is that someone else created the workbook file and they may
be the one who needs to make the change if necessary.

HTH |:)

When I try it just tells me I must enter a number. I am running office 2003.

389Shell

I created the workbook and I have not created any such rule for it. I have
managed to now put in a negative amount by right clicking and formatting the
cell but it still will not add this in the total column.
Gord Dibben

Shell

I assume you are speaking of the Invoice Template from Spreadsheet Solutions.

The Unit Price column has Data Validation that will not allow negative numbers
or numbers greater than 1000000000.

You can change that if you select those cells and DataValidationAllow

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 02:55:01 -0800, "389Shell"
wrote:

When I try it just tells me I must enter a number. I am running office 2003.

389Shell

Thanks for that

Dave Peterson

Shouldn't the unit price always be positive?

--

Dave Peterson