Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default match and extract

Hi,

I have one worksheet, two different tab.
There are two customer number columns in Sheet1. One of the two would have
the customer number and the other one would be blank. Column C has an amount.
Col A Col B Col C Col D (Formula to bring the amount from sheet2)
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589

Sheet2 has one customer number column and an amount column.
Col A Col B
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589
In Sheet1, I like to bring in the amount of Sheet2 based on matching of the
customer number of Sheet1 which is in two different columns.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dinesh wrote:
Hi,

I have one worksheet, two different tab.
There are two customer number columns in Sheet1. One of the two would have
the customer number and the other one would be blank. Column C has an amount.
Col A Col B Col C Col D (Formula to bring the amount from sheet2)
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589

Sheet2 has one customer number column and an amount column.
Col A Col B
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589
In Sheet1, I like to bring in the amount of Sheet2 based on matching of the
customer number of Sheet1 which is in two different columns.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Try this:

=INDEX(Sheet2!$B$1:$B$3,IF(Sheet1!A1="",MATCH(Shee t1!B1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$3,0),MATCH(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!$ A$1:$A$3,0)))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way using index/match, with minimal error trapping
Data assumed running in row2 down
In Sheet1,
In C2:
=IF(A2="",INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(B2,Sheet2!A:A,0)) ,INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)))
Copy down
--
Max
Singapore
"Dinesh" wrote:
I have one worksheet, two different tab.
There are two customer number columns in Sheet1. One of the two would have
the customer number and the other one would be blank. Column C has an amount.
Col A Col B Col C Col D (Formula to bring the amount from sheet2)
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589

Sheet2 has one customer number column and an amount column.
Col A Col B
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589
In Sheet1, I like to bring in the amount of Sheet2 based on matching of the
customer number of Sheet1 which is in two different columns.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

One of the two would have the customer
number and the other one would be blank

Assuming that your customer numbers are in fact numeric numbers and not
alpha-numeric text strings.

Assume on Sheet1 your customer *numbers* can be in either column A or column
B (but will never be in both at the same time).

Sheet2:

Column A = customer numbers
Column B = amounts

Enter this formula on Sheet1 in cell C1:

=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,SUM(A1:B1),Sheet2!B:B)

Or:

=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1+B1,Sheet2!B:B)

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dinesh" wrote in message

I have one worksheet, two different tab.
There are two customer number columns in Sheet1. One of the two would have
the customer number and the other one would be blank. Column C has an
amount.
Col A Col B Col C Col D (Formula to bring the amount from sheet2)
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589

Sheet2 has one customer number column and an amount column.
Col A Col B
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589
In Sheet1, I like to bring in the amount of Sheet2 based on matching of
the
customer number of Sheet1 which is in two different columns.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

"Dinesh" wrote in message

I have one worksheet, two different tab.
There are two customer number columns in Sheet1. One of the two would have
the customer number and the other one would be blank. Column C has an
amount.
Col A Col B Col C Col D (Formula to bring the amount from sheet2)
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589

Sheet2 has one customer number column and an amount column.
Col A Col B
245600 50000
138956 25000
965241 14589
In Sheet1, I like to bring in the amount of Sheet2 based on matching of
the
customer number of Sheet1 which is in two different columns.

Thanks,
Dinesh

HI,

I made a mistake in which sheet do i need an answer? Actually I like to
match the Sheet2's customer number and bring the amount of sheet1 into
sheeet2 which is the opposit of what I stated earlier.

Thanks,
Dinesh