Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I set up a function in excel to give either a < or =?

I have two columns that have two numbers and I need a function that will tell
me if the one number in one column is greater than, less than< or equal =.

Thank you for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ivory;427015 Wrote:
I have two columns that have two numbers and I need a function that will
tell
me if the one number in one column is greater than, less than< or
equal =.

Thank you for your help,There are smarter ways but assuming your numbers are in column A & B put

this in C and copy down.
=IF(A1B1,"A1 High",IF(B1A1,"B1 High",IF(A1<B1,"A1 Low",IF(B1<A1,"B1
Low","A1 & B1 Equal"))))

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=118661

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Simon

The A1 low & B1 low can never be called because B1 high or A1 high will
evaluate as TRUE first.

Mike

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

ivory;427015 Wrote:
I have two columns that have two numbers and I need a function that will
tell
me if the one number in one column is greater than, less than< or
equal =.

Thank you for your help,There are smarter ways but assuming your numbers are in column A & B put

this in C and copy down.
=IF(A1B1,"A1 High",IF(B1A1,"B1 High",IF(A1<B1,"A1 Low",IF(B1<A1,"B1
Low","A1 & B1 Equal"))))

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=118661

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Give this a try...

=CHOOSE(2+SIGN(A1-B1),"Lower","Equal","Higher")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ivory" wrote in message
I have two columns that have two numbers and I need a function that will
tell
me if the one number in one column is greater than, less than< or equal
=.

Thank you for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your right Mike, i didn't see that when cobbling that together!

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

ivory;427015 Wrote:
I have two columns that have two numbers and I need a function that

will
tell
me if the one number in one column is greater than, less than< or
equal =.

Thank you for your help,There are smarter ways but assuming your

numbers are in column A & B put
this in C and copy down.
=IF(A1B1,"A1 High",IF(B1A1,"B1 High",IF(A1<B1,"A1 Low",IF(B1<A1,"B1
Low","A1 & B1 Equal"))))

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'The Code Cage' ('The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft

Office Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com))

Simon Lloyd's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Simon

Lloyd' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1)
View this thread: 'How do I set up a function in excel to give either

a < or =? - The Code Cage Forums'