Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Give me a Function

Dear Friends
Lokking at folowing chart ,please help me solve my prob

Project Space %
59033 685 9.4%
59242 294 4.0%
58578 409.7 5.6%
61861 409.7 5.6%
62192 351.4 4.8%
62571 351.4 4.8%
TOTAL 7309 100%
This is the projects we are currently runing. some of our over head costs
are attributed to the project based on space. we have now closed one project
say 58578(project no) we want to allocate the space used by 58578 to all
other remaing project based on the percentage that is all other project share
the cost. please provide me a way. thanks
note that for simplysity i have deleded lot of project so total does not
match as it shows
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
7309 is the total to be distributed, so have it at the top of your columns
let's say cell A1, in cell B1 you have the subtotal of all the projects so
the formula will be
=subtotal(9,B2:B1000)

Then in cell D2 enter

=C1/$B$1*$A$1