Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding a letter to the start of each cell

Hi

I have a series of numbers in column A. I need to add the letter B to
the beginning of each.

Can someone suggest some code to achieve this?

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe you could use a helper column that would do the work for you:

="B"&A1
or
="B"&text(a1,"00000")
if you had some sort of special format.

Then you could drag that formula down as far as you need (to match column A).

Then select that column B:
Edit|Copy
select column A
Edit|paste special|values