-   -   Adding a letter to the start of each cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/237520-adding-letter-start-each-cell.html)

Colin Hayes

Adding a letter to the start of each cell

Hi

I have a series of numbers in column A. I need to add the letter B to
the beginning of each.

Can someone suggest some code to achieve this?

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes

Dave Peterson

Adding a letter to the start of each cell

Maybe you could use a helper column that would do the work for you:

="B"&A1
or
="B"&text(a1,"00000")
if you had some sort of special format.

Then you could drag that formula down as far as you need (to match column A).

Then select that column B:
Edit|Copy
select column A
Edit|paste special|values

And delete that helper column.

--

Dave Peterson

haris

Colin Hayes wrote:

Hi

I have a series of numbers in column A. I need to add the letter B to
the beginning of each.

Can someone suggest some code to achieve this?

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks!

[email protected]

Colin Hayes wrote:

Hi

I have a series of numbers in column A. I need to add the letter B to
the beginning of each.

Can someone suggest some code to achieve this?

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks!

Don Guillett[_2_]

On Monday, July 20, 2009 7:49:06 PM UTC-5, Colin Hayes wrote:
Hi

I have a series of numbers in column A. I need to add the letter B to
the beginning of each.

Can someone suggest some code to achieve this?

Grateful for any help.

Best Wishes

or a custom format

[email protected]

Adding a letter to the start of each cell

Thank you :) worked!

[email protected]