Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding letter at the end of cell

Hello I have a column and I need to add a letter at the end of each number
in the column I tried find and replace and I'm obviously doing it wrong.
What is the best way to do this ? again thanks
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Adding letter at the end of cell

Adding a letter at the end of each number in a column using CONCATENATE function in Excel
  1. Insert a new column next to the column with the numbers you want to add a letter to.
  2. In the first cell of the new column, type in the formula
    Formula:
    =CONCATENATE(A1,"X"
    where "A1" is the cell reference of the first cell in the original column and "X" is the letter you want to add at the end of each number.
  3. Press Enter to apply the formula to the first cell.
  4. Double-click the bottom right corner of the cell to autofill the formula down the entire column.

This will add the letter "X" (or any other letter you choose) at the end of each number in the original column. You can then copy and paste the values in the new column over the original column to replace the numbers with the new values that include the letter at the end.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

With numbers in Column A, in another column enter
=A1&"A" or whatever letter you want to Add
Copy down
Copy this new column and Paste SpecialValues back over column A.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello I have a column and I need to add a letter at the end of each
number
in the column I tried find and replace and I'm obviously doing it
wrong.
What is the best way to do this ? again thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way: =CONCATENATE(A1,"a") assuming the number is in A1 and the letter you
want to add is "a"

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have a column and I need to add a letter at the end of each number
in the column I tried find and replace and I'm obviously doing it wrong.
What is the best way to do this ? again thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Custom Format

0"a"

assuming "a" is a letter at the end