Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula for work rosters to deduct for different breaks

From hours rostered on a spreadsheet I need to deduct 30 mins for a break if
staff workd 6 hours or more, and deduct 60 mins for a break if staff work 8
hours or more
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With time in cell A1 in excel time format; try the below formula and format
to time

=IF(A1=TIME(8,0,0),A1-TIME(0,60,0),IF(A1=TIME(6,0,0),A1-TIME(0,30,0),0))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"vefl" wrote:

From hours rostered on a spreadsheet I need to deduct 30 mins for a break if
staff workd 6 hours or more, and deduct 60 mins for a break if staff work 8
hours or more

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1-LOOKUP(A1,{0,6,8},{0,0.5,1})

"vefl" wrote:

From hours rostered on a spreadsheet I need to deduct 30 mins for a break if
staff workd 6 hours or more, and deduct 60 mins for a break if staff work 8
hours or more

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are values in hours or number format or combined date time?

Since you are talking about rostering, is it at all possible you may need
to do this with times that span midnight? Why? =B2-A2 will work if A2 is
06:00 and B2 anything up to midnight. If B2 is 23:00 and A2 is 05:00, you
have a problem to solve. Your formula will become more complex and
difficult to understand.

A little more detail may help produce a better solution for you.

Lil
--

?B?dmVmbA==?= wrote in
:

From hours rostered on a spreadsheet I need to deduct 30 mins for a
break if staff workd 6 hours or more, and deduct 60 mins for a break
if staff work 8 hours or more