Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Want more 256 column in 2007

Hi
I have Excel 2007, how can I get more than 256 column in one spreadsheet. I
know that the 2007 version allows up to 16000 columns, so please help.... I
need to insert the data one by one.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have an .xls file you need to save as a .xlsx or .xlsm and then close
the file. When you re-open you will have full xl2007 functionality.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Bachadega" wrote in message
Hi
I have Excel 2007, how can I get more than 256 column in one spreadsheet.
know that the 2007 version allows up to 16000 columns, so please help....
need to insert the data one by one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Don Guillett" wrote...
If you have an .xls file you need to save as a .xlsx or .xlsm and then close
the file. When you re-open you will have full xl2007 functionality.

Not as an .xlsb file?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bachadega,

You can only get more than 256 columns if you're working in Excel 2007's native mode - not in the 97-2003 compatability mode.

--
Cheers
macropod