Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Column Chart - Adding text in the column in Excel 2007

Other than adding a text box, is there a way to add text in each column
individually?

Example: I have a chart showing several tasks and the their cost is listed
as a data label (aligned: outsided end). I'd like to add the hours it takes
to complete the task in the column, near the bottom.

If this is not possible, any recommendations?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can add data labels to the column, but you are already using data labels
for this series. What I would do is add a line chart series to the chart,
with appropriate data values, and apply the data labels to this series.
Format the line series to be invisible (no lines or markers).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions