Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Column Chart - Adding text in the column in Excel 2007

You can add data labels to the column, but you are already using data labels
for this series. What I would do is add a line chart series to the chart,
with appropriate data values, and apply the data labels to this series.
Format the line series to be invisible (no lines or markers).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Other than adding a text box, is there a way to add text in each column
individually?

Example: I have a chart showing several tasks and the their cost is
listed
as a data label (aligned: outsided end). I'd like to add the hours it
takes
to complete the task in the column, near the bottom.

If this is not possible, any recommendations?

Thank you!