Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel : can a self updating table be created

Hi, Can anyone advise a way to create a table of data say from 1 to 50 and
the values update putting the required targets 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on. like
a league table that updates on entering data in a cell within the table?
if anyone can help here i really need this for work
regards
Darren
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Darren wrote:
Hi, Can anyone advise a way to create a table of data say from 1 to 50 and
the values update putting the required targets 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on. like
a league table that updates on entering data in a cell within the table?
if anyone can help here i really need this for work
regards
Darren

This is the sort of thing Excel can be very useful for, but first you
have to do some homework -- figure out what your requirements are, and
communicate them clearly. For example, "I want to enter dates in column
A, sales in column B, costs in column C, and quarterly profit targets in
column E. I want to have cells that automatically update to show my
current profit and the difference from the current quarter's target."

Without knowing what problem you are trying to solve, we can't be of
much help.