Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default User created function not "updating"

I have a user created function that I run over data pulled in from a
external html source.

The function works properly until I refresh this external html data at which
point the function now returns #VALUE!

Once I have "updated" the cell (Press F2 and then Enter) it seems to
reinitialise and all is fine.

Can I add something to the function or perhaps the data query to fix this?

Thanks.

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does your function contains the line

Application.Volatile

(as first line!)...

greetz

"Richard Edwards" schreef in bericht
I have a user created function that I run over data pulled in from a
external html source.

The function works properly until I refresh this external html data at
which point the function now returns #VALUE!

Once I have "updated" the cell (Press F2 and then Enter) it seems to
reinitialise and all is fine.

Can I add something to the function or perhaps the data query to fix this?

Thanks.

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe something with...

Application.Calculation=xlManual

or

Application.ScreenUpdating=False (so you will not SEE that Excel is
recalculating)
<code
Application.ScreenUpdating=True