-   -   User created function not "updating" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/167802-user-created-function-not-updating.html)

Richard Edwards

User created function not "updating"

I have a user created function that I run over data pulled in from a
external html source.

The function works properly until I refresh this external html data at which
point the function now returns #VALUE!

Once I have "updated" the cell (Press F2 and then Enter) it seems to
reinitialise and all is fine.

Can I add something to the function or perhaps the data query to fix this?

Thanks.

Richard

Frederik[_3_]

User created function not "updating"

Does your function contains the line

Application.Volatile

(as first line!)...

greetz

"Richard Edwards" schreef in bericht
I have a user created function that I run over data pulled in from a
external html source.

The function works properly until I refresh this external html data at
which point the function now returns #VALUE!

Once I have "updated" the cell (Press F2 and then Enter) it seems to
reinitialise and all is fine.

Can I add something to the function or perhaps the data query to fix this?

Thanks.

Richard

Richard Edwards

User created function not "updating"

it does now - sorry - i should have known that!

is there a way of turning this off? a little too much calculation going on
now....

"Frederik" wrote in message
Does your function contains the line

Application.Volatile

(as first line!)...

greetz

"Richard Edwards" schreef in bericht
I have a user created function that I run over data pulled in from a
external html source.

The function works properly until I refresh this external html data at
which point the function now returns #VALUE!

Once I have "updated" the cell (Press F2 and then Enter) it seems to
reinitialise and all is fine.

Can I add something to the function or perhaps the data query to fix
this?

Thanks.

Richard

Frederik[_3_]

User created function not "updating"

Maybe something with...

Application.Calculation=xlManual

or

Application.ScreenUpdating=False (so you will not SEE that Excel is
recalculating)
<code
Application.ScreenUpdating=True