Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumif function or something else needed?

I have column E2 to E43 with place names e.g Dawson Creek, Peace River,
GrandePrairie and I want the corresponding numbers in column J2 to J43 1196,
990,946 to sum in cell K49 .. as in if I have 10 dawson creek entries I want
the total in K 49 to be 11960 in K50 10 Peace Rver entries to total 9900..
and 10 Grande Prairie entries to total 9460 in K51.. I have put in
=Sumif(E2:E43,"Dawson Creek",J2:J43)in K49 and it works but same does not
work for K50 and K51 with just changing the Name to Peace River and Grande
Prairie respectively... please help..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

yes I tried that... here is a glichy thing.. played with this last nite
again.. I had put the formula in after setting up the spreadsheet.. formula
did not work.. finally I emptied column E of all information.. set up the
formula then did the column E input.. finally it worked.. but only that way..
just for spite tried to set it up again with column E filled in before
formula.. would not work... anyone else find this?
"Don Guillett" wrote:

Did you make your ranges ABSOLUTE

=Sumif($E$2:$E$43,"Dawson Creek",$J$2:$J$43--

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"kathy" wrote in message
I have column E2 to E43 with place names e.g Dawson Creek, Peace River,
GrandePrairie and I want the corresponding numbers in column J2 to J43
1196,
990,946 to sum in cell K49 .. as in if I have 10 dawson creek entries I
want
the total in K 49 to be 11960 in K50 10 Peace Rver entries to total 9900..
and 10 Grande Prairie entries to total 9460 in K51.. I have put in
)in K49 and it works but same does not
work for K50 and K51 with just changing the Name to Peace River and Grande
Prairie respectively... please help..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and
a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel