Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SumIf help needed ( I think)

Hello Oh Wise Ones (again!)

I think I need to use SumIf, but don't know exactly how.

In column A, I have a variety of letters and blank spaces. In column C I
have a variety of numbers and blank spaces.

I'd like a formula to calculate the sum of all numbers in column C if the
letter in column A is "F". (so if A3 and A8 and A9 are F, then the formula
would calculate C3+ C8 + C9). There would never be a time where the text in
column A would equal F and the corresponding cell in column C would be blank.

If you have any ideas, I'd be delighted.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"julie" skrev i en meddelelse
Hello Oh Wise Ones (again!)

I think I need to use SumIf, but don't know exactly how.

In column A, I have a variety of letters and blank spaces. In column C I
have a variety of numbers and blank spaces.

I'd like a formula to calculate the sum of all numbers in column C if the
letter in column A is "F". (so if A3 and A8 and A9 are F, then the
formula
would calculate C3+ C8 + C9). There would never be a time where the text
in
column A would equal F and the corresponding cell in column C would be
blank.

If you have any ideas, I'd be delighted.

Thank you.

Hello Julie

One way:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"f",C1:C100)

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMIF(A1:A10,"F",C1:C10)
or you could use sumproduct
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="F")*(C1:C10))

Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"julie" wrote in message
Hello Oh Wise Ones (again!)

I think I need to use SumIf, but don't know exactly how.

In column A, I have a variety of letters and blank spaces. In column C I
have a variety of numbers and blank spaces.

I'd like a formula to calculate the sum of all numbers in column C if the
letter in column A is "F". (so if A3 and A8 and A9 are F, then the
formula
would calculate C3+ C8 + C9). There would never be a time where the text
in
column A would equal F and the corresponding cell in column C would be
blank.

If you have any ideas, I'd be delighted.

Thank you.

How to use SUMIF to return sums between two values located in cells ScottBerger Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 23rd 23 09:05 PM
Sumif of Sumif perhaps? Fred Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 29th 06 05:39 PM
SUMIF Ferg Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 28th 06 03:37 AM
SumIf help needed plz... miwarren Excel Worksheet Functions 7 June 29th 05 10:18 AM
SUMIF help needed Walter Excel Worksheet Functions 9 April 30th 05 04:50 AM