Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default SumIf help needed ( I think)

Try:

=SUMIF(A1:A20,"F",C1:C20)

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"julie" wrote in message
Hello Oh Wise Ones (again!)

I think I need to use SumIf, but don't know exactly how.

In column A, I have a variety of letters and blank spaces. In column C I
have a variety of numbers and blank spaces.

I'd like a formula to calculate the sum of all numbers in column C if the
letter in column A is "F". (so if A3 and A8 and A9 are F, then the
formula
would calculate C3+ C8 + C9). There would never be a time where the text
in
column A would equal F and the corresponding cell in column C would be
blank.

If you have any ideas, I'd be delighted.

Thank you.