Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMIF help needed

I want to create a sumif where i have 2 creterias. For exampel: if AX=1 and
column BX=2 i want the sumif formula to sum the CX cell (where X is any
number). So it's like i need 2 sumif but i don't know how to get them to work
together.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT(--(AX2:AX100=1),--(BX2:BX100=2),CX2:CX100)

note that you cannot use the whole column when using sumproduct (at least if
you are using Excel versions prior to 2007

Peo Sjoblom

"j.jansson" wrote in message
I want to create a sumif where i have 2 creterias. For exampel: if AX=1 and
column BX=2 i want the sumif formula to sum the CX cell (where X is any
number). So it's like i need 2 sumif but i don't know how to get them to
work
together.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your effort to help me guys but i don't get it to work and it's
probably because I didn't describe my problem well enough. I'll try to be
more clear in the exampel below.

A B C
1 5 10
2 7 11
1 5 12
3 5 13
4 8 14

I want to find all rows where A=1 and B=5 and sum the numbers in C. In this
cas the sum would be 10+12=22.

"j.jansson" wrote in message
I want to create a sumif where i have 2 creterias. For exampel: if AX=1 and
column BX=2 i want the sumif formula to sum the CX cell (where X is any
number). So it's like i need 2 sumif but i don't know how to get them to
work
together.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well you asked for A to be 1 and B to be 2 (not 5), so that's the formula
you were given. If you change the 2 to a 5 in the formulae that a number of
us gave you, you'll get the answer you are looking for.
--
David Biddulph

"j.jansson" wrote in message
I want to create a sumif where i have 2 creterias. For exampel: if AX=1
and
column BX=2 i want the sumif formula to sum the CX cell (where X is any
number). So it's like i need 2 sumif but i don't know how to get them
work
together.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, i just did a new example. Again, not to smart of me and just confused it
for you. Finally i relized why it didn't work at first. I had blanks where i
had no value instead of 0.

thank you all for your help!