Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gee Gee is offline

Default Minimum IF Statements

This is what I'm trying to do:

In Cell C8:
If B7 is greater than 0 then B7*.18, if the sum of B7*.18 is < 20 then 20,
else B7*.18

Does that make sense? I want to formula to fire if there is an entry in B7,
that will give a minimum of 20 or the sum of B7*.18

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gee Gee is offline

That did it!
Thanks so much!

"Elkar" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(B70,MAX(20,B7*.18),"")

HTH
Elkar

"Gee" wrote:

This is what I'm trying to do:

In Cell C8:
If B7 is greater than 0 then B7*.18, if the sum of B7*.18 is < 20 then 20,
else B7*.18

Does that make sense? I want to formula to fire if there is an entry in B7,
that will give a minimum of 20 or the sum of B7*.18

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Actually you have two different questions, in one case you say if the value
in B7 is greater than 0, in the other case you say if there is an entry in
B7. If you enter 0 in B7 that is an entry.

If you mean if there is an entry in B7 then you can use the slightly shorter

=IF(B7,MAX(20,0.18*B7),"")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire