-   -   Minimum IF Statements (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/236022-minimum-if-statements.html)

Gee

Minimum IF Statements

This is what I'm trying to do:

In Cell C8:
If B7 is greater than 0 then B7*.18, if the sum of B7*.18 is < 20 then 20,
else B7*.18

Does that make sense? I want to formula to fire if there is an entry in B7,
that will give a minimum of 20 or the sum of B7*.18

Thank you in advance for any help.

Elkar

Minimum IF Statements

Try this:

=IF(B70,MAX(20,B7*.18),"")

HTH
Elkar

"Gee" wrote:

This is what I'm trying to do:

In Cell C8:
If B7 is greater than 0 then B7*.18, if the sum of B7*.18 is < 20 then 20,
else B7*.18

Does that make sense? I want to formula to fire if there is an entry in B7,
that will give a minimum of 20 or the sum of B7*.18

Thank you in advance for any help.

Gee

Minimum IF Statements

That did it!
Thanks so much!

"Elkar" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(B70,MAX(20,B7*.18),"")

HTH
Elkar

"Gee" wrote:

This is what I'm trying to do:

In Cell C8:
If B7 is greater than 0 then B7*.18, if the sum of B7*.18 is < 20 then 20,
else B7*.18

Does that make sense? I want to formula to fire if there is an entry in B7,
that will give a minimum of 20 or the sum of B7*.18

Thank you in advance for any help.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Minimum IF Statements

Actually you have two different questions, in one case you say if the value
in B7 is greater than 0, in the other case you say if there is an entry in
B7. If you enter 0 in B7 that is an entry.

If you mean if there is an entry in B7 then you can use the slightly shorter

=IF(B7,MAX(20,0.18*B7),"")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire