Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditionals statements

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I believe you posted this earlier in the forum! You need to explain yourself
more, simply saying "compute" is not a legitimate term for describing what
you want. You also tend to create sevearl run-ons in your logic, making it
unclear. You state that 6781 is less than 6781, which makes no sense. Also,
we have no idea what the 49+6=5550 has to do with anything. Is the text
embedded in the cells with numbers? If not, is it even important?

Why does the last line missing half the data??

Instead of repeatedly posting the same thing, try to give more detail.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To help my fellow experts find your other posts and suggestions that have
been given already:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...8-a3e00ebb718e

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...0-cdddc55815dd

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...b-5eac815d646b
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried to post it clearly but the screen could only fit so much.
The last column F is the < = column that i want to input automatically
when i manually input column E. the 6781 in column D is less than 6781 in
column A in terms of column C. I am trying to compare column C to column E,
thats it!
by looking at column E, look at the same number at column A then column A is
associated with column C, so we are comparing column E to column C. 6781 in
column E = 53 compare that to column A (which means look at the value of
column A in column C. column A has to inputs of 6781 so add those two you get
49+6= 55, which gets 53<55.

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for clearing it up. Assuming your data starts in row 1:

=IF(E1=SUMIF(A:A,D1,C:C),"=",IF(E1SUMIF(A:A,D1,C: C),"","<"))
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It looks fine but I missed 1 column , a column between D and E that is for
the name of the schools (same name as column B)
pLease advise.

thanks

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ALSO IF YOU COULD PLEASE SHOW THE AMOUNT OF OVERAGE AND UNDERAGE IE 2, OR
<3.
ALSO IF YOU COULD ADD A COLUMN OF NON PARTICIPATING SCHOOL MEANING COLUMN E
DOESNT EXIST IN COLUMN A.

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"out0015" wrote:

ALSO IF YOU COULD PLEASE SHOW THE AMOUNT OF OVERAGE AND UNDERAGE IE 2, OR
<3.
ALSO IF YOU COULD ADD A"NO SCHOOL" IN COLUMN F FOR NON PARTICIPATING SCHOOL MEANING COLUMN D
DOESNT EXIST IN COLUMN A.

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like you need the references shifted slightly, to account for added
column?

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(E1,A:A,0)),"Does not
exist",IF(F1=SUMIF(A:A,D1,C:C),"=",IF(F1SUMIF(A:A ,D1,C:C),""&F1-SUMIF(A:A,D1,C:C),"<"&F1-SUMIF(A:A,D1,C:C))))

Note that if the range references are still slightly off, you can adjust
them fairly easily.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

everything looks good, except for one thing.If column D has two entries, your
current formula doesn't add them together. Could you please make an
additional formula that will add two or more entries in column D? Adding them
up and comparing the result to column C? ie 3795= 28, 3795=6 so column D will
have
a total of 34. which results in 3428.

"out0015" wrote:

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"out0015" wrote:

everything looks good, except for one thing.If column D has two entries, your
current formula doesn't add them together. Could you please make an
additional formula that will add two or more entries in column D? Adding them
up and comparing the result to column C? ie 3795= 28, 3795=6 so column D will
have
a total of 34. which results in 3428, not = like before.