Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditionals formulas

For example: column g is where <, , = should be placed.

-for the first input 59th st has 28 total, 59th st needs to look at a, b, c
which is the first one on the list then compares, 28 = 28, then it would put
= in column g.
-second one is 6th ave. which has 50. 6th ave is the 2nd and 3rd input so
49+6=55.
50 is less than 55 so i want column g to display <.
and so on.

hope this helps.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
I assume your information starts in cell 1 so in column E1 enter

=IF(C1=F1,"=",IF(C1F1,"",IF(C1="","",IF(C1<F1,"< "))))

I add an option to show blank if cell C1 is blank

"out0015" wrote:

A B C

1 2895 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28
2 5466 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49
3 7855 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6
4 2954 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21
5 5677 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60
D E F
8 2895 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28
9 5466 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 50
10 2954 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 23
11 5677 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

if C column is less than F display < in column e
if C column is greater than F display in column e
if C column is = to F display =

Thanks

Was this post helpful to you?

Why should I rate a post?

Expand AllCollapse All

Manage Your Profile |Contact us
© 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Contact Us |Terms of Use
|Trademarks |Privacy Statement

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I'm really not comfortable with what your data looks like but the general
idea would be

=IF(A1<B1,"<",IF(A1=B1,"=",""))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"out0015" wrote:

A B C

1 2895 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28
2 5466 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49
3 7855 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6
4 2954 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21
5 5677 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60
D E F
8 2895 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28
9 5466 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 50
10 2954 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 23
11 5677 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

if C column is less than F display < in column e
if C column is greater than F display in column e
if C column is = to F display =

Thanks

Was this post helpful to you?

Why should I rate a post?

Expand AllCollapse All

Manage Your Profile |Contact us
© 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Contact Us |Terms of Use
|Trademarks |Privacy Statement

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A B C D
E F

3795 59 TH ST ELEMENTARY 28 5548 22
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 49 5582 50 <
6781 6 TH AVE ELEMENTARY 6 6781 53 <
5548 92 ND ST ELEMENTARY 21 3795 28 =
5582 93 RD ST ELEMENTARY 60

Help: I need a formula to automatically compute column F. ie 5548 in column
D is greater than 5548 in coulumn A 2221. 6781 in column D is less than 6781
in column A 49+6= 5550.