Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Colour cell

Cell A1 ~ I did a conditional format to change to red when a number is entered.

My questions:
How can I tell Cell A2 that if A1 change to red, Cell A2 needs to change as
well

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select A2Conditional FormattingSelect Formula Is and type the below
formula. Select color Red

=$A$10

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jafferi" wrote:

Cell A1 ~ I did a conditional format to change to red when a number is entered.

My questions:
How can I tell Cell A2 that if A1 change to red, Cell A2 needs to change as
well

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=$A$10

Where did the OP say the number would be 0? Using that as the CF formula,
enter any TEXT in the cell and the format will be applied.

Use one of these instead:

=COUNT(A1)
=ISNUMBER(A1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jafferi" wrote:

Cell A1 ~ I did a conditional format to change to red when a number is
entered.

My questions:
How can I tell Cell A2 that if A1 change to red, Cell A2 needs to change
as
well

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks TV.

I meant to use CF again with 'Formula Is' referring to cell A1.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jafferi" wrote:

Cell A1 ~ I did a conditional format to change to red when a number is
entered.

My questions:
How can I tell Cell A2 that if A1 change to red, Cell A2 needs to change
as
well

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Actually, what you should have done originally was to select BOTH cells
A1:A2 and then gone into the conditional format dialog box and applied
whatever condition you did under "Formula is" making sure to reference cell
A1 as absolute.

For example, if you were testing to see if A1 was numeric then

In 2003:
1. Select the cells you want to format, A1:A2 in your case
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=SUM(A$1)
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=SUM(A$1)
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jafferi" wrote:

Cell A1 ~ I did a conditional format to change to red when a number is entered.

My questions:
How can I tell Cell A2 that if A1 change to red, Cell A2 needs to change as
well

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

when a number is entered.