Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can colour of cell shading be fixed to one colour

How can colour of cell shading be fixed to one colour and it does not changes
when new contents are pasted in that cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

unless you get someone to program it for you.. repost ask for script..
otherwise have simple answers:
- right click cell(s), paste-special values
- all cells start with same / no formatting
- smallest equation / formula for format I have found, for wanting fomatted
cell:
=0=0
=COUNTA(F9)=1

"Tabrez" wrote:

How can colour of cell shading be fixed to one colour and it does not changes
when new contents are pasted in that cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use this event code to retain the Formatting of the target cells.

Note: does not work if cells are CUT and pasted

'retain formatting when a cell is copied over
Dim myValue
With Application
.EnableEvents = False
myValue = Target.Value
.Undo
Target = myValue
.EnableEvents = True
End With
End Sub

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste the code into that
sheet module.

Alt + q to return to the Excel window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP