Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel - outlines

Hi,
I have to copy data from one excel file to another. I am using the following
command to copy

ws2.get_Range("A1", "D5").Copy(ws1.get_Range("A5","D10"));

ws1 and ws2 are Worksheets. When I copy like this, the rows/cols which were
grouped in ws2 dont appear as group in ws1. Is there any way we can restore
this information.

Thanks in advance
Meghna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Outline is a applicable to a row and not to a cell. Try and copy the rows
instead.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"meghnal" wrote:

Hi,
I have to copy data from one excel file to another. I am using the following
command to copy

ws2.get_Range("A1", "D5").Copy(ws1.get_Range("A5","D10"));

ws1 and ws2 are Worksheets. When I copy like this, the rows/cols which were
grouped in ws2 dont appear as group in ws1. Is there any way we can restore
this information.

Thanks in advance
Meghna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply. Can you please tell me is there any way to read
a complete row/column using microsoft office interop excel.

Thanks
Meghna

"meghnal" wrote:

Hi,
I have to copy data from one excel file to another. I am using the following
command to copy

ws2.get_Range("A1", "D5").Copy(ws1.get_Range("A5","D10"));

ws1 and ws2 are Worksheets. When I copy like this, the rows/cols which were
grouped in ws2 dont appear as group in ws1. Is there any way we can restore
this information.

Thanks in advance
Meghna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below

ws2.Rows("5:9").Copy ws1.Rows(5)

OR

ws2.Rows("5:9").Copy ws1.Rows(5:9)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"meghnal" wrote:

Hi,
I have to copy data from one excel file to another. I am using the following
command to copy

ws2.get_Range("A1", "D5").Copy(ws1.get_Range("A5","D10"));

ws1 and ws2 are Worksheets. When I copy like this, the rows/cols which were
grouped in ws2 dont appear as group in ws1. Is there any way we can restore
this information.

Thanks in advance
Meghna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks a lot for reply...I think I dint put my question in correct way. I
want to copy not only the data but outline structure as well i.e expand and
collapse buttons should alsp occur in the worksheet ws1.

Thanks
Meghna

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below