Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If Statements??/Conditional formatting from drop-down multiple she

I'll try my best to explain. I have a master sheet followed by 4 others.
There is a drop down on the 4 sheets with 3 choices: Recommend, Discuss and
Not Recommend. If all 4 sheets have Recommend selected I want an R to show up
on the master sheet and then I will have the cell turn green. If any of the
four have Discuss selected i want to count the number of occurences and put
that on the master sheet and then I will have that turn blue. If any of the
four select Not Recommend I want it to put NR on the master sheet and I will
have it turn Red.

I've been working on it all night and can't get too far with it. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is the logic;
(you can combine steps if you want)
Link four cells on the master to the corresponding cells in the other four
sheets
CountIf for Discuss in another cell say H1
CountIf for Not Recommended in third cell say I1
Use the formula in the cell you want the result in as
=IF(I10,"NR",IF(H10,H1,"R"))
Then conditionally format on NR, a number and R

You can replace I1, H1 by the formula in I1 and H1 respectively...

then write an IF statement like