Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting with IF statements

Is there a way that I can use conditional formatting with an IF statement?

What I want to happen is, if in column D there appears a number that has an
opposite match (i.e. 500 and -500) that it highlights those. Is this
possible and if so, how?

Thanks
--
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select column D and crate Conditional formatting with this formula:
=NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(-D1,D:D,0)))

Regards,
Stefi

€žEric D€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Is there a way that I can use conditional formatting with an IF statement?

What I want to happen is, if in column D there appears a number that has an
opposite match (i.e. 500 and -500) that it highlights those. Is this
possible and if so, how?

Thanks
--
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=AND(A1<0,NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(-A1,A:A,0))))
Stefi

€žEric D€ť ezt Ă*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Select column D and crate Conditional formatting with this formula:
=NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(-D1,D:D,0)))

Regards,
Stefi

€žEric D€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Is there a way that I can use conditional formatting with an IF statement?

What I want to happen is, if in column D there appears a number that has an
opposite match (i.e. 500 and -500) that it highlights those. Is this
possible and if so, how?

Thanks
--
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bob, is there anyway I can get it to ignore blank cells?
right now if a cell is blank it thinks its value is 0, so is there a way to
get it to not color cells that are left blank?
--
Eric

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(-D1,D:D,0))

--
HTH

Bob

"Eric D" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can use conditional formatting with an IF statement?

What I want to happen is, if in column D there appears a number that has
an
opposite match (i.e. 500 and -500) that it highlights those. Is this
possible and if so, how?

Thanks
--
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I forgot to change ref A to D:
=AND(D1<0,NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(-D1,D:D,0))))
Stefi

€žStefi€ť ezt Ă*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Select column D and crate Conditional formatting with this formula:
=NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(-D1,D:D,0)))

Regards,
Stefi

€žEric D€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Is there a way that I can use conditional formatting with an IF statement?

What I want to happen is, if in column D there appears a number that has an
opposite match (i.e. 500 and -500) that it highlights those. Is this
possible and if so, how?

Thanks
--
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks you two this works wonderfully.
--
Eric

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=AND(D1<"",ISNUMBER(MATCH(-D1,D:D,0)))

--
HTH

Bob

"Stefi" wrote:

Select column D and crate Conditional formatting with this formula:
=NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(-D1,D:D,0)))

Regards,
Stefi

"Eric D" ezt Ă*rta:

Is there a way that I can use conditional formatting with an IF
statement?

What I want to happen is, if in column D there appears a number that
has an
opposite match (i.e. 500 and -500) that it highlights those. Is this
possible and if so, how?

Thanks
--
Eric

Junior Member

I'm so glad to have found this old post. It worked well for my application. Thanks so much