Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Selecting rows to another sheet

I have an excel sheet that has lists of categories and several selections for
each. I use a Filter to select only the rows with a "X" in column J. I want
the selections made to also automatically appear on the next sheet which is
like a spec/ selection sheet. in the location I choose. Is there a way that
if I use a IF function to say in a cell on sheet 2, IF J1-J5 is "X", than
only that row with a "X" appears in sheet 2?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

the key to this question is you want it to appear where you say on sheet 2
using an IF function. The answer is no, if I understand the question.
Generally we would do this with code, but you would need to provide much
detail for us to help you.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Muskrat24" wrote:

I have an excel sheet that has lists of categories and several selections for
each. I use a Filter to select only the rows with a "X" in column J. I want
the selections made to also automatically appear on the next sheet which is
like a spec/ selection sheet. in the location I choose. Is there a way that
if I use a IF function to say in a cell on sheet 2, IF J1-J5 is "X", than
only that row with a "X" appears in sheet 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See the file provided by Ashish in reply to your earlier thread "yes/No on
multple sheet".
Using his method you could use your column J in the same manner that Ashish
used "Department".