Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Row Height-expand if text wraps in a cell

I have a worksheet that has a comments column that is formatted to wrap text
if needed for each cell. My problem is I need the row to automatically
adjust to the height of what ever is entered in that cell.

Using Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Penny,

Make sure the Rows have been formatted to "Autofit Row Height". Select rows
then on the Home tab, Format...
Hope this helps.

Dave

"Penny Miller" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that has a comments column that is formatted to wrap
text if needed for each cell. My problem is I need the row to
automatically adjust to the height of what ever is entered in that cell.

Using Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have tried the "Autofit Row Height" and it is not working. Am I supposed
to be selecting a certain area for this to work? The "Autofit Column Height"
works but not for rows...any tips?

"Bassman62" wrote in message
Penny,

Make sure the Rows have been formatted to "Autofit Row Height". Select
rows then on the Home tab, Format...
Hope this helps.

Dave

"Penny Miller" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that has a comments column that is formatted to wrap
text if needed for each cell. My problem is I need the row to
automatically adjust to the height of what ever is entered in that cell.

Using Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Selah

Do you have any merged cells in your range?

These disable the Row Autofit when set to wrap text.

Either get rid of them or you will have to use VBA event code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP