Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default GETPIVOTDATA Question

I'm trying to reference pivot table cells in another worksheet; a direct cell
reference doesn't work because the data is ever-changing. I figured out the
formula if I'm in the same tab, but not from a secondary worksheet.

The same-tab formula is: =GETPIVOTDATA("Budget",$A$4,"Office","ATL")

How do I re-write that to work from another worksheet? I have many others
to do, but I need the basic structure to follow.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can include the sheet name with the pivot table reference, e.g.:

=GETPIVOTDATA("Budget",'Pivot Table Sheet'!$A$4,"Office","ATL")

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

No need to figure anything out, let Excel do the work for you. Build the
formula from the second sheet, by pointing and clicking in the 1st sheets
pivot table.

This works if the GETPIVOTDATA feature is on:

In 2003 you must add the toolbar for this feature by choosing View,
Toolbars, Customize, Commands Tab, Data Category, and hunt down the
GETPIVOTDATA button and drag it out to any toolbar. If its turned on Excel
will build your formula.

In 2007, while in the pivot table choose PivotTable Tools, Options, Options,
Generate GETPIVOTDATA.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire