Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getpivotdata Question

Hi,

I am working with a spreadsheet and I'm trying to use the getpivot data
function with dollar amounts. It has worked for all other figures on my
spreadsheet but when I try to get a number that is $$ the function isn't
working I get the REF error.

My formula looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Average Salary",Sheet1!$A$6,"C-R
Band",".85-.89")

Thanks for any help you can offer!

MIM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. Did you type the formula or enter it by clicking on the cell in the
PivotTable. It's easy to make typos with this function.
2. Can you still see the value in the pivot table? #REF errors usually mean
that the element you are searching for is no longer being displayed in the
pivot table. For example, if you took a field of the PT.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"mariaivelisse77" wrote:

Hi,

I am working with a spreadsheet and I'm trying to use the getpivot data
function with dollar amounts. It has worked for all other figures on my
spreadsheet but when I try to get a number that is $$ the function isn't
working I get the REF error.

My formula looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Average Salary",Sheet1!$A$6,"C-R
Band",".85-.89")

Thanks for any help you can offer!

MIM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shane,

Yes, I typed the formula, but I've typed it and re-typed it.
I also can see the values on the pivot table.

I tried re-creating the pivot table and re-creating everything and the only
thing that I seem to have trouble with is the fields that have a $$ value to
them.

"mariaivelisse77" wrote:

Hi,

I am working with a spreadsheet and I'm trying to use the getpivot data
function with dollar amounts. It has worked for all other figures on my
spreadsheet but when I try to get a number that is $$ the function isn't
working I get the REF error.

My formula looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Average Salary",Sheet1!$A$6,"C-R
Band",".85-.89")

Thanks for any help you can offer!

MIM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Don't type it, have Excel build it, you could spend a hundred years trying
to find a syntax or spelling error. First turn on the GetPivotData feature.
To do this in 2003

1. Choose View, Toolbars, Customize and pick the Commands tab
2. Choose the Data category and scroll almost to the bottom of the list on
the right and
3. Drag the GetPivotData button to any toolbar. (I put it on the PivotTable
toolbar)
4. Close the dialog box
5. Click the new button, note it is hard to tell when this button is on and
off, so test a few times.
6. With the button on, select the cell where you want the formula
7. Type = and then click on the cell in the pivottable which you are trying
to reference. If you get the GETPIVOTDATA funtions good, if not the toolbar
button is off. Try again.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire