Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help list rooms by service owner

I need to produce a list by sevice owner(column b) that will print all the
rooms(column a) that fall under each service. please see below
i.e. Service
EMS 10002A,1002B,10010A.......
Psychiatry 10002,10009, 10010, 10014........

ROOM SERVICE OWNER SECT
10002 PSYCHIATRY NURSING STATION
10002A EMS TOILET
10002B EMS TOILET
10009 PSYCHIATRY DINING RM
10010 PSYCHIATRY BREAK RM
10010A EMS TOILET
10014 PSYCHIATRY GROUP RM
10101 PSYCHIATRY LOCKER RM
10020 PSYCHIATRY GROUP RM
10020A RECREATION STORAGE
10100 PSYCHIATRY MUSIC RM
10101 PSYCHIATRY LOCKER RM
10102 PSYCHIATRY CONFERENCE RM
10103 PSYCHIATRY GROUP RM
10104 PRIMARY CARE/NURISNG OFFICE
10105 PSYCHIATRY TESTING ROOM
10106 REHAB RESTORATIVE CARE SERVICE STORAGE
10107 ENGINEER CLOSET TELEPHONE
10108 EMS STAIRS

--
Thanks, Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Apply filter to column B, then select the service owner and you will have in
column A the rooms

If this helps please click yes, thanks

"NICK" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. select the columns
2. sort by Service owner
3. copy the associated block of rooms
4. paste/special/transpose elsewhere
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200856

"NICK" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry I'm to new to this. I'm not sure how to run filters to provide the
listing I'm looking for. I have a 14 page worksheet that I have to break
down by service and then it will list all rooms owned by said service across
the 14 floors.
--
Thanks, Nick

"NICK" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Nick,
You have in the same worksheet in column A the room # and in column B the
service provider
Select all the information and sort by column B then
Go to column B and click in Filters (in excel 2007 within the Data menue),
then click in the arrow and only select one name at the time so you will get
the complete list of rooms for that provider