Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pointing Finger Mouse

Hi,
Very odd but on a spreadhseet that I have been using fora year, when I go to
row 1 (my header row) the mouse pointer turns into a pointing finger. I cant
click on any cells in that row. Also, more critically for me, I think this
is the reason that I cannot create a pivot table (the menu option is greyed
out) as I know headers for pivots are mandatory.
Any help gratefully appreciated
Rob
--
Rob Gaffney
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may have a shape floating over that cell.

Does anything happen when you click on that shape--it could be used to start a
macro or it may have a hyperlink assigned to it.

I bet you can select a cell under that row and hit the arrow up to select the
cell.

You can try:
Edit|Goto (or F5 or ctrl-g)
then click Special
objects

And then hit the delete key.

This will delete all the selected objects on the worksheet--so make sure that
there are no objects to keep.

Gaffnr wrote:

Hi,
Very odd but on a spreadhseet that I have been using fora year, when I go to
row 1 (my header row) the mouse pointer turns into a pointing finger. I cant
click on any cells in that row. Also, more critically for me, I think this
is the reason that I cannot create a pivot table (the menu option is greyed
out) as I know headers for pivots are mandatory.
Any help gratefully appreciated
Rob
--
Rob Gaffney