Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel pointing me to MS Ofc Install

I was in Excel yesterday just fine. Checking several sprdshts.
This am just clicking the button for Excel displays box that says it is
installing MS Win Ofc Pro.. doesn't prompt me if I want to do it...
and then another box pops up right below it titled
MS Windows Ofc Professional and the message inside is:
The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable
disk that is not avail.
Insert the MS Ofc XP Pro disk and click OK.

When I'm automatically taken somewhere other than what I want I jump to
thinking a function is being or trying to be hi-jacked...could be totally
wrong

NOW - I do have a traveldrive and recently I took it on a trip just to see
if it
would work for me to load some pictures while away. But I wasn't comfortable w
the choices presented [programs?] so didn't use it. And again, since I've
been in
my spreadsheets the last few days at home I don't think that had any bearing.

I have such important stuff in Excel that I don't dare touch anything for
fear of losing it altogethor so that's why I wanted come here first.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try
Try
Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) Start-Run- excel.exe /unregserver -OK.
2) Start-Run- excel.exe /regserver -OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe (most likely C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office11)

In that case Start-Run- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office11\excel.exe" /regserver - OK

Note that quotes are required because of spaces in the path

"silktraveler" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I think that's an excellent suggestion. I also had another thought - the
message received was "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or
other removable
disk that is not avail" I'm thinking that possibly that a full installation
of all features may not have been made initially and that in clicking the
button, possibly a second click was detected on some uninstalled feature.

If that's the case, then a full installation from the Office CD may be in
order to prevent it from happening in the future.