Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why is my drag and fill not following the pattern?

I'm trying trying to create a column of number in a pattern:
1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3 etc. When I use the drag and fill option to continue this
pattern, it inserts extra rows and included decimals. How do I prevent this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/3)+1

copy down as far as needed

"NAKA" wrote:

I'm trying trying to create a column of number in a pattern:
1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3 etc. When I use the drag and fill option to continue this
pattern, it inserts extra rows and included decimals. How do I prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Teethless Mama -- You are a lifesaver. Thanks so much!!

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/3)+1

copy down as far as needed

"NAKA" wrote:

I'm trying trying to create a column of number in a pattern:
1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3 etc. When I use the drag and fill option to continue this
pattern, it inserts extra rows and included decimals. How do I prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're Welcome!

"NAKA" wrote:

Dear Teethless Mama -- You are a lifesaver. Thanks so much!!

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/3)+1

copy down as far as needed

"NAKA" wrote:

I'm trying trying to create a column of number in a pattern:
1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3 etc. When I use the drag and fill option to continue this
pattern, it inserts extra rows and included decimals. How do I prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Here is one solution:

=INT(ROW(3:3)/3)