Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ant Ant is offline

Default Mulitiple Count of occurrences in different columns

Count of occurrences that appear in multiple columns. For example I have 5
columns that label a particular account as a NEW or OLD, HAPPY or
SAD, 1 or 2, and RED or BLACK. Each account has one of the labels
and I want to count how many are labeled as OLD, HAPPY, 1, and BLACK.

I can't get the "COUNTIF", "COUNT(IF..." formula's to work. Can someone
assist?
--
Thank you,
Ant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ant

You need a SumProduct formula.

I assume one column is used for one label pair.

With labels in column A:D, this formula will work:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="OLD"),--(B1:B10="Happy"),--(C1:C10=1),--(D1:D10="black"))

Hopes this helps.

---
Per