Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
geb geb is offline

Default past special

When I want to copy data with paste special I used to have the option to copy
all and it would copy the entire format. Now however it is a different pop-up
window that gives me the options to paste it as an object, picture, bitmap
etc.

Does anyone know why this changed and how I can go back to copying the
entire format incl. borders etc? Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Most likely you have the two workbooks open in different instances of Excel.

To test, close one and open it again from the File-Open option within
Excel...

To fix the 'problem'
Try
Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) Start-Run- excel.exe /unregserver -OK.
2) Start-Run- excel.exe /regserver -OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe (most likely C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office12)

In that case Start-Run- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\excel.exe" /regserver - OK

Note that quotes are required because of spaces in the path