Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count Formula

Can someone help me with this one, thanks

If I have a Group of Employees Listed by Departments and wanted to know how
many employee in each group have more that 10 days off.

Example. Non Union Group there are 50 Employees each employee has anywhere
from 1 to 40 days off, but out of the 50 employees there are only 2 employees
with more that 10 days.

I am looking for a formula Countif the Non Union Group =10 and it brings
back the number of employees 10 or over, which should be 2.
--
Newfie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
I got a message error so I don't know if you have received my previous answer
let's assume you have in column A the name of the employee, in column B you
have N or Y to identify the non-union or union staff and in column C the days
off then use this formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100="N"),--(c1:c10010))

in excel 2007

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B:B="N"),--(c:c10))

"Newfie809" wrote:

Can someone help me with this one, thanks

If I have a Group of Employees Listed by Departments and wanted to know how
many employee in each group have more that 10 days off.

Example. Non Union Group there are 50 Employees each employee has anywhere
from 1 to 40 days off, but out of the 50 employees there are only 2 employees
with more that 10 days.

I am looking for a formula Countif the Non Union Group =10 and it brings
back the number of employees 10 or over, which should be 2.
--
Newfie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you saying you have a list of 50 employees, in column A, and the number
of hours in column B?

then it could be =countif(B:B,"=10")

Or, are you saying there is a list of all employees, 50 of which, in column
a, state Union, Non Union?

then, something like:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A1000="Non Union"),--(C2:C1000=10))

May be easier if we had a few rows of data.

"Newfie809" wrote:

Can someone help me with this one, thanks

If I have a Group of Employees Listed by Departments and wanted to know how
many employee in each group have more that 10 days off.

Example. Non Union Group there are 50 Employees each employee has anywhere
from 1 to 40 days off, but out of the 50 employees there are only 2 employees
with more that 10 days.

I am looking for a formula Countif the Non Union Group =10 and it brings
back the number of employees 10 or over, which should be 2.
--
Newfie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is an example of the spreadsheet:

Column A Column B Column C
Group Name Employee Name Number of Days
Non Union Group Name 8
Non Union Group Name 12
Non Union Group Name 3
Non Union Group Name 9.5
Non Union Group Name 15
Management Name 11
Management Name 9
Management Name 22
Management Name 12
Management Name 3
Number of Employees with more thant 10 days:

Column A Column B
Non Union Group 2
Management 3

My list consists of 54 groups and in each group there could be from 10 to
140 employees and each employee could have from 1 to 20 day off for each
month.

--

Newfie