Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Count Formula

Hi,
I got a message error so I don't know if you have received my previous answer
let's assume you have in column A the name of the employee, in column B you
have N or Y to identify the non-union or union staff and in column C the days
off then use this formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100="N"),--(c1:c10010))

in excel 2007

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B:B="N"),--(c:c10))

"Newfie809" wrote:

Can someone help me with this one, thanks

If I have a Group of Employees Listed by Departments and wanted to know how
many employee in each group have more that 10 days off.

Example. Non Union Group there are 50 Employees each employee has anywhere
from 1 to 40 days off, but out of the 50 employees there are only 2 employees
with more that 10 days.

I am looking for a formula Countif the Non Union Group =10 and it brings
back the number of employees 10 or over, which should be 2.
--
Newfie