Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formating based on multiple comparisons

Im using Excel 2007 for a spreadsheet of tiered rates on a savings account
like below:

A B C D
1 acct info New Cutoff1 New Rate1 Old Cutoff1 Old
Rate1
2 New Cutoff2 New Rate2 Old Cutoff2
Old Rate2
3 New Cutoff3 New Rate3 Old Cutoff3
Old Rate3
4 New Cutoff4 New Rate4 Old Cutoff4
Old Rate4
5 New Cutoff5 New Rate5 Old Cutoff5
Old Rate5

Cells A1:A5 are merged in to one cell. I want to conditionally format this
cell so that it compares each New rate and cutoff to the corresponding old
rate and cutoff, and highlight A1:A5 if ANY of the cutoffs OR rates has
changed. I tried summing all of them together, but if one rate went up 5
points at the same time another rate went down 5 points, my "net difference"
was zero, and the cell wouldn't format, altho I want it to, because 2 rates
had changed.

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated!