Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wanda Wanda is offline

Default Conditional formating based on multiple comparisons

ACK, sorry that looks so weird, hope everyone can get the gist of the question!

"Wanda" wrote:

Im using Excel 2007 for a spreadsheet of tiered rates on a savings account
like below:

A B C D
1 acct info New Cutoff1 New Rate1 Old Cutoff1 Old
Rate1
2 New Cutoff2 New Rate2 Old Cutoff2
Old Rate2
3 New Cutoff3 New Rate3 Old Cutoff3
Old Rate3
4 New Cutoff4 New Rate4 Old Cutoff4
Old Rate4
5 New Cutoff5 New Rate5 Old Cutoff5
Old Rate5

Cells A1:A5 are merged in to one cell. I want to conditionally format this
cell so that it compares each New rate and cutoff to the corresponding old
rate and cutoff, and highlight A1:A5 if ANY of the cutoffs OR rates has
changed. I tried summing all of them together, but if one rate went up 5
points at the same time another rate went down 5 points, my "net difference"
was zero, and the cell wouldn't format, altho I want it to, because 2 rates
had changed.

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated!