Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Typing in a list to locate name (Excel 2003)

I have a list that is tied to some external data. I want to be able to allow
my users to begin typing the last name in the list box and search for the
individual rather than having them search an exhaustive list of alphabetized
last names in the list box. I also have (in columns next to the last name) a
VLOOKUP formula that brings in the first name, middle initial, and employee
ID number

I heard somehwere that if I used a drop-down box instead of a list I would
be able to do this. I thought a list and drop-down box were the same thing.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I might find a
tutorial on this or possibly some examples?

Thanks,
Mike